It is estimated that there around 7,000 Young and Young Adult Carers in Fife and we expect this number to continue to increase. As a local charity, we aim to provide help and support to these young people to lower the impact of their caring roles; could you help us to do so?
Everything we do is made possible from the generosity and support of people like you. If you would like to donate to our cause, Click here to donate through just giving.
You can now start your fundraising journey for Fife Young Carers more easily than ever through Just Giving. Simply follow the link, click 'a charity' and search for us!
Looking for some fundraising ideas?
- Coffee Morning: try hosting a lovely coffee morning with friends, family and perhaps some delicious baked goods. You can get in touch with us for charity buckets and banners to make it even more special. This could even be adapted to be online! Invite your friends to a virtual Coffee Morning using Zoom or Skype; enjoy a natter, home baking and donate to us online!
- Get Active: are you trying to get a bit fitter or more in touch with nature? Why not combine this with fundraising for double the benefit! This could be a local or national charity run, hill walk, bike ride, Munroe climb or a special campaign such as 5k a day! It’s all about challenging yourself and feeling proud, so why not raise funds for a special cause at the same time.
- Indoor Fundraising: if you can't get out an about, don't worry you can still fundraise from the comfort of your own home! Harness the power of technology: Zoom and Skype are great for group quizzes or activities while Facebook and Twitter are brilliant for live-streaming any of your fundraising adventures.
- Get Smartie: did you know that an empty Smartie container can hold £12 worth of 20 pence pieces? Save your next one and donate your loose change to a brilliant cause!
- At work or at school: why not collaborate with your work or school and host a 'dress down day' and ask for donations to take part? You can even supercharge the idea and host a 'fancy dress day' with a competition for the best fancy dress costume!
- Events: throughout the year, there are many national and local events running that you can take part in. Last year, staff and Young Adult Carers took part in the 'Loony Dook', which was a brilliant success! Why not align your fundraising activity with a campaign such as Young Carers Action Day or Carers Week?
Other ways to give:
Donating or fundraising might not be possible for everyone. However, there are many other ways to give your support:
We are delighted to have been chosen to benefit as a Co-Op Local Community Fund. When a Co-Op member buys selected branded products and services, the Co-op will give a helping hand to local causes like ours. So please, if you are a Co-op member, consider choosing us as your local cause by visiting: https://membership.coop.co.uk/causes/47930
Volunteer - check out our Work with Us page for information on volunteering with Fife Young Carers. Volunteering is a great way of directly helping Young and Young Adult Carers as well as giving you a sense of fulfilment and pride.
- Donate In Memory - celebrate a loved one’s life and set up a lasting tribute for them through donating in their memory. This is a very special way of remembering their life whilst also helping others at the same time. You can do this easily through Just Giving.
As you can see, there are many ways to raise money for us and if you have an idea, please let us know as we would love to hear from you! Your generosity will go directly towards our work in supporting Young and Young Adult Carers in Fife and we thank each and every one of you who has donated or fundraised for us.